Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More Flowers for the Yard

Lately, we've been spending quite a bit of time in the backyard. Actually, I guess this isn't all that new, but with all the cleaning up, composting, and other stuff, we figured it was time to add some new flowers and other plants to the backyard. Off to Lowe's we went.

I have been wanting an avocado tree. We were able to find a dwarf tree which is perfect for a whiskey barrel we have. Angie found some beautiful dahlia's, some other flowers, and we also added a couple strawberry plants. One of my favorite memories as a kid was picking strawberries out of our backyard, so I really wanted strawberries.



Angie and I spent a couple hours in the yard, getting our new additions into place, and doing some more cleanup. Howie and kitty came out in to the yard to help out, at least until kitty made a break for it and ended up in the neighbor's yard. I guess he won't be allowed out anymore.



No comments: